Table of Contents
Home Theater System
Ancient home theater systems consisted of two speakers positioned to the left and right in order to reproduce and elaborate the directional data that we listen to in any given situation. But because of various speculations, there are quite restrictions to this type of setup.
Telephone scientist Early Bell assumed that it takes at least 3 channels to transfer logical reproduction of a musical event. One in the middle and one left one right.
The Rise of Multi-Channel Sound
With the advancement of movie industry in North America in the 50s, and 60s the viewer’s became more candid to a multi-channel understanding. The movie industry noticed that by adding more channels they can provide greater enjoyment to the audience.
The more enhanced visual experience the more victorious the outcome. This approach forced the industry to add speakers at the back of the viewers for more context sounds and music use to bleed from right and left.
With the advancement of technology in the last ten years home theater has accomplished to replicate this in the living room to an extent and it is progressing remarkably day by day. We had seen Dolby surround with four channels in the 80s, now you have Dolby Digital 5.1 channel sound on all new DVDs.
Bose Lifestyle 600 Home Entertainment System, works with Alexa – Black
- As main components, your purchase include: One Console, 4 OnmiJewel side speakers, One OmniJewel center speaker, One Acoustimass wireless bass module, universal remote control, 2 wireless receivers, One ADAPTiQ headset and Owner’s guide
- Dimensions (”): Console – 15.98 W x 2.56 H x 10.16 D | Jewel Side speakers (each) – 2.6 W x 6.2 H x 2.6 L | Jewel Center speaker – 6.1 W x 2.7 H x 2.6 L | Bass module – 12 W x 12 H x 12 L
- Jewel cube satellite speakers are sleek and compact, and create dynamic surround sound
- Front and center speakers have a wired connection, while the 2-rear speakers connect to a wireless receiver and AC power mains. The rear speakers and bass module connect to the front module wirelessly
- Supported Audio formats – Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS, Multichannel PCM. Video Source compatibility – Support for six 4K/60 video sources (HDMI 2.0/HDCP 2.2)
It’s a six individual channels of sound: left and right front main channels and a committed center channel speaker for dialogue to present the artists voices at the TV monitor regardless of where you’re sitting, two left and right surround speakers at the sides of your hearing space for all those context surrounding sounds, with a sixth intense bass subwoofer channel. The subwoofer is the “.1” in 7.1–which provides heavy bass effects for explosions.
Now a day’s most of the people are trying their best to replicate the movie theater experience at their home. Sometimes it’s quite simple you will feel like it’s just some AV devices in your room and sometimes it can lead you to a complete renovation of your basement.
Anyhow, a home theater system must deliver a high quality watching experience and an enticing audio affair that put life into your movies. But to shape your desired home theater system you have to keep certain things in mind.
Pick the Right Display for Your Home Theater System:
The moment you vision a theater like experience the first thing that comes to your mind is a huge screen and a projection system. It’s definitely the choice of exhibiting the classic home theater.
The mingling of two piece projector screen can do wonders for a committed screening hall in which you can perfectly manage the lighting, whereas most of the manufacturers are now coming up with high-brightness projectors and context light-refusing screens that are built to use in brighter environment.
Some companies are offering projectors to only high end market place. But projectors are not meant only for the elite as companies like Sony, and Epson are providing high quality and mid-level projectors also.
Polk Audio Command Sound Bar with Handsfree Amazon Alexa Voice Control (New Update with Multi-Room Music Built-In), 4K HDMI, and Fire TV Compatible for Your Home Theater
· Upgraded TV sound: Get legendary Polk sound with built in Dolby and DTS surround sound for an immersive home theater experience
· Stream shows and music: fire tv compatible and built in support for amazon music, Pandora, tune in, iheartradio and more music services as they become available
· Built in Alexa voice services and multi room music: easily control the sound bar functionality, your smart home devices, stream music in multiple rooms with your voice “just ask”. Automated over the air support updates whenever new features and services are made available
· 4k and hd tv compatible: easy setup with built in dual HDMI 2.0 inputs and optical cables to deliver 4k HDR viewing experience
· Wireless subwoofer included: delivers room filling powerful bass perfect for movies, music and games
· Patented voice adjust technology: Customize the voice levels to reproduce clear, crisp dialogue hear every word
· Flexible setup options for any home: two mounting options designed for tabletop and wall mounting via built in keyhole slots
To suit distinct projectors and environments most of the manufacturers are coming up with extensive collection of screen materials so you have the choice of picking either fixed-frame, pull up down or motorized screens.
Screen shape is also an important factor to look for the standard one is 16.9 screens which is a better option for HDTV, or a 2.35:1 screen which allows you to enjoy cinemascope movies without showing the black bars. By adding a masking system that makes use of the panels to alter the screen shape you can suit an individual source.
The two piece projection system is quite good but you have other options also. Flat –panel TVs are making their presence felt in the home entertainment marketplace, and as the prices are dipping continuously you can get a significant screen in your budget.
Whether it’s an 85-inch panel or 65-to 75 inch screen it has the ability to put the strong base for a home theater system. Besides this flat panel UHD TV permits you to watch it in all types of lighting background.
Theater electronics or components are like the mind of the home theater system. As they collect the audio and video waves from the source devices and dispense them to the speakers and display device. There are two types of electronics, AV receivers and separates.
AV positions all the components in one chassis. All the inputs are in one place for your device to connect, the processors which decodes the signals for output, and the amplifier that runs the speakers. Some of the sought after receiver makers are Marantz and Denon.
And for the separates it needs two boxes an amplifier to rum the speakers and a processor for processing the signal output. This approach is more familiar amongst admirers who want explicit command over the systems presentation especially in the amplification field. There are many companies that cater high end separates.
No matter what a receiver or separates, just make sure that it has sufficient inputs for all of your source devices, or may be more to fit anything you may purchase later. Be convinced that the unit has ample HDMI inputs as now it is the main AV connection for most source devices.
Home Theater Speaker Systems:
The encircling sound system is the only reason that you like to watch movies in theater. You enjoy more when sound particles flow at you from different directions. The essential surround sound speaker at home includes 5.1 channels.
The meaning of 5 is the positioning of the speakers from left, center and then extreme right and extreme left and 1 is for a subwoofer that assist and elaborate the bass for thunder and other effects.
For assistance in providing finer bass response across hearing zone some home theater installers endorse collective subwoofers. It is also handy when you attach it with 7.1 channel speaker system. As it uses two side channel and two extreme channel for accurate surround affair.
Yamaha Audio YAS-209BL Sound Bar with Wireless Subwoofer, Bluetooth, and Alexa Voice Control Built-In
- Easy setup with HDMI or Optical cable and automatic subwoofer connection
- Wireless subwoofer for deep bass and flexible placement. Center unit-36-5/8 × 2-1/2 × 4-1/4 inches, Subwoofer-7-1/2 × 16-1/2 × 16 inches
- Clear voice for enhanced dialogue clarity
- Alexa built-in for voice control of your sound bar, playing music, listening to news, setting alarms and timers, asking questions, controlling smart home devices, and more
- With Alexa, playing music is as simple as asking for a song, artist, or genre from Amazon music and more
- DTS Virtual: X virtual 3D surround sound
- Play music and podcasts through Spotify Connect, Wi-Fi, or Bluetooth
Now it’s very easy to find speakers that are low key and great at performing via companies like Paradigm and more. The manufacturers are producing the speakers in all shapes and sizes from bookshelf models to standing speakers and mount on.
But if you pick the small speaker the burden will be on the subwoofer as it will have to produce the deepest bass notes, and should cover some of the upper bass as well as the small speakers cant recreate that effect smoothly.
If you are interested in making a separate theater room, you have more liberty of choosing the specific speakers that you want, irrespective of size and can set them in the perfect position to get the best out of it.
But if are trying to merge the home theater system into your active family room, you may have problems fitting the freestanding speakers into the right position. And if you don’t want to see too many speakers surrounding your room then in-wall or in-ceiling speakers are the one for you.
Home Theater Source Components:
The movie player is the main source device in the most home theater systems. To provide you with sharp looking 1080p image and encircling surround sound the reliable Blu ray player is quite an outstanding pick.
If you are looking for much sharper picture and sound then it’s better to go for the Ultra HD Blue ray format. Besides catering a full ultra HD video signal UHD Blu ray players can assist high resolution formats for instance Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master.
If you have sufficient movie batch, you might think about a video server that can stock your movies in digital form, as its quite handy for easy searches, brisk start-up, and timely access to cover art and other info. Kaleidescape is an important name in video servers.
Remote Control Systems:
After you finish assembling the various home theater elements, you are most likely to invest in a standard remote to control or manage things the way you wanted. Or you have to use five separate remotes to just start a movie.
An expertly picked and well organized remote can do wonders for every spectator in your home. An entry level standard remote is capable of controlling only a handful of devices and can’t bealtered to personal requirements. But if you have a modest home theater system it will do.
Klipsch 7.2.2 Reference Premiere Home Theater System with Marantz SR7013 9.2-Channel AV Receiver
· 2) Klipsch RP-8060FA Floorstanding Speaker with Dolby Atmos – Each (Ebony)
· Klipsch RP-504C Center Channel Speaker (Ebony)
· (2) Klipsch RP-502S Reference Premiere Surround Speakers – Pair (Ebony)
· (2) Klipsch R-120SW 12″ Subwoofer (Black Brushed Vinyl)
· Marantz SR7013 9.2-Channel 4K Ultra HD AV Receiver with Amazon Alexa and HEOS
Companies like Logitech/Harmony are making Mid-level remotes that can shelter more devices and are much adjustable.If you are into a high-end home theater and that includes AV gear, lighting, HVAC control, and other automation, then you have to shift your focus towards advanced system control. These should be programmed by trained installers and are sold solely via custom installation channels.
May be its time for you to upgrade your tech game. No matter what sports, movies or video games a home theater system will deliver an exceptional experience and quite equivalent to what you will enjoy in big cinema hall. You can bring the cinema home with your home theater system.
It’s quite exciting to stream movies with thorough cinema experience and that too without stepping out of your home. You are in your comfort zone not dealing with any crowd and still enjoying as if you are in the theater. With a home theatre installed, you can convert your movie-watching affair into a peaceful living room cinema.
Sports lovers know that it’s not easy to get the front row tickets. And if you get it it’s an amazing feeling, but if you have a home theater system in your home not only you but your friends and family can experience that feeling. You just can’t compare anything with watching a live game on huge screen and enhanced with surround sound.
And if you know about the positive effects of video games and you are game admirer, then you must definitely know the difference between playing games on regular TV in contrast to big screen with exceptional sound.
Hope after reading all this you will pick the best one for your family. Get it and enjoy.